11-Year-Old Florida Boy Dies From Flesh-Eating Infection After Treadmill Injury

11-year-old Florida boy dies from flesh-eating infection after treadmill injury

Florida: An 11-year-old boy named Jesse Brown from Winter Park, Florida, passed away after contracting a flesh-eating infection from a treadmill injury. 

Jesse’s mother noticed bruises on his leg days after he injured it on a treadmill. 

Jesse was admitted to the hospital’s ICU, where doctors discovered he had contracted a Group A Strep infection. 

The infection turned deadly when it became flesh-eating necrotizing fasciitis, causing Jesse’s brain to swell. 

Despite the doctors’ best efforts, Jesse could not be saved. 

Doctors determined the infection was sparked after his treadmill injury. 

Jesse’s cousin, Megan Brown, set up a GoFundMe campaign to help cover his funeral services and hospital bills. 

Jesse was considered a “miracle child” and a happy, healthy boy who was “destined for great things.” 

Strep A is a disease caused by Group A Streptococcus bacteria, and it can result in severe infections if the bacteria invade tissue outside of where it normally lives. 

The CDC reports that 1,500 and 2,300 people die from the disease yearly.

Get our best stuff sent straight to you! Join our WhatsApp Channel.

Post's Author

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top